Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays Highlights

Wow...what an AWESOME FIRST Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays Party we had here at COASTAL CHARM! I never dreamed that 55 people would show up for some thriftin' FUN...I was hoping I would have 15...ladies you all really surprised this old gal...it made my day! Every week I'm going to feature four blogs from the party that I feel had some fabulous items and bargains to share with all of us...I never knew how hard this was going to be...so on that note...here are the ones from week #1!

1.Gretchen@Mimi-Toria's Designs
I'm soooo lovin' her adorable bird nest!

Ahhhh...what a beautiful glass fluted vase with fresh cedar! Hop right over to her place to find out how she made these incredible items...it's soooo COOL!

2. Mary Lou@Marmielu's Nest
I just love $5.00 chairs...don't you?
Her collection of vintage suitcases are soooo neat...go over and check in on Mary Lou...she is a real SWEETHEART!

3. Jane@Mamie Jane's
What a steal Jane got on these cute vintage buttons...only $1.00!
Just the thought of Mr.CC in a pair of these made me laugh so hard I cried! Thanks Jane for a great laugh...I owe you one. Go by and visit Jane...she has an amazing blog full of wonderful ideas!

4. Debbie@Confessions of a Plate Addict
What a beautiful Red Cliff Ironstone Teapot...but something is missing!
Leave it to Debbie...she found it! It was waiting for her at the local Goodwill...to her surprise...she was only $2.52!
Now there is still one more thing missing...to find out if Debbie found it...jump right over and see for yourself...you will be glad you did!

I want to thank you again for making my first party a boatload of FUN...I can't wait to see what all of you have to share next Tuesday. If this is your FIRST visit here at COASTAL CHARM be sure to enter my CASH GIVEAWAY enter HERE!

21 comments:

Tardevil said...

Wow! What cool finds. I especially liked Debbie's. I've got to go & see the rest now!

alice said...

Linda, You are a charming hostess and we all had fun! At least I know I did.
smiles, alice

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! Congrats on the wonderful showing! I am so happy for you! And what fun we had! I am always amazed at what people can find! And thanks so much for mentioning me! I'm looking forward to next week! Happy rest of the week...hugs...Debbie

The Smith Hotel said...

Wow! Really great party! Can't wait till next week! I am already thinking about my next thrifty find to post!

Jody

Alma Zulema said...

What a turnout, and such awesome finds! I hope this annoying cold goes away, so I can participate next week. :)

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

This sounds like it was great fun. Will be back again. Cheers, Lia

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for posting my "Week of Books" button in your sidebar. Be sure to check out Thursday's book giveaway. It's an awesome book!

So, how did I miss your little party?! I'm assuming this is for thrift store treasures? I'll link up next week for sure!

Linda said...

Linda, I had a great time! Thank you for being such a great hostess...hugs, Linda

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

It was totally fun. Look forward to more in the future... because this lady "Brakes for Estate Sales and Yard Sales"! I will always have more to share! Hugs!

happileah said...

I can't believe I missed it! boo! Next time..

Gretchen said...

Wow, Linda what a wonderful surprise to wake up this morning and be honored with a feature of my entry. Thank you so much! I frantically got that thrown together late Tuesday night, as I'd been out of town most of the day and although I had posted a post about the upcoming event last week, it had slipped my mind, so it was a last minute posting. Glad you liked it!
Thanks for hostessing this event, I found it to be so rewarding and will participate fully next week.
Gretchen

marmielu said...

You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for featuring my finds! I am so glad your very first party was such a success, and, you know, once I get back from FL (hopefully with some more thrifty finds!), I will be back to party some more!
((HUGS))
Mary Lou

Creations By Cindy said...

This has really been fun. Thanks for hosting this Linda. I love everyone's stuff! But I think the vintage suitcases stole my heart.

Jane said...

Good Morning Linda:
Thank you so much for featuring my Nifty Thrifty sewing notions!! Like I mentioned before, this party was made for me! I have enough thrifty treasures to post for a year (I know, it's an illness!)
Congratulations on hosting such a successful party!! I'll be back next week.
Jane

Darlene said...

I'll have to join in next week since I found some goodies while I was out the other day.

~ Regan said...

THose highlights are so nice! I am going to jump on over and check out the links now! (Oh, loving that plate!!!)

Amanda said...

I had fun participating, Linda! You noted on my most recent blog that you have a stool just like min - don't you have a bed just like my daughter's, too? You have great taste, girl! I'll be down in your area in a couple of weeks and we're starting to get excited! I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes! =)

Lamp Tramp said...

What a great thrifting party, I love Debbie's white ironstone treasures. I think all the good stuff got wiped out in Katrina, there are NO places to find cheap treasures, the local GW's have only clothing! Wwaaaa!

Hill Country House Girl said...

What fun! Thanks for your comment on hill country house - I know what you mean about that office - isn't it the best?!

Alicia@Thrifty And Chic said...

What great finds. I'll have to join in next weeks party (now that I know about it :) ). Off to the thrift store I go....

Angie said...

I had such a great time visiting everyone! I love finding great new blogs to enjoy...although, I am not sure if I can count blog surfing as exercise..heehee!

Hugs ~ Angie

Related Posts with Thumbnails