Saturday, September 10, 2011

Farmhouse Style Cloche

Earlier in the summer Haley and I were out doing some shopping in the quaint little bayside town of Fairhope, when I made a stop in my favorite little gift shop and lucky me I found the perfect cloche to hold gift cards at her wedding reception. I loved the rustic look she had and best of all was her price tag...she was 50% off...only $24...now I thought that was a really good deal...how about you...did I get a good deal here? Second best thing was after the wedding...she would find her new home right here in my nest...oh boy...I have so many plans for her! At this time she can be found on my kitchen island holding some pretty faux pears. Anyhoo...I was wondering if you were her owner...what would you do with her...I'm all ears...looking forward to hearing your ideas.
                                         So happy that you came
                                              by and hope you
                                           all have a wonderful
                                                  weekend,
                                                     Linda
                                         I've been a farmhouse style
                                              gal for years now!

                                        Up close and personal!
                                           Another thrifty treasure...well
                                           what isn't THRIFTY around
                                                         here?
                                                    Not much!!!
                                            
                                                       
                                  See those cute AUBURN hand towels?
                                             Oh how I LOVE my
                                            AUBURN TIGERS!!!
Linking up here...
Saturday Nite Special
Flaunt It Friday
Weekend Wrap Up
MET Mondays
Motivate Me Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Take A Look Tuesday
Tuesday Treasures
DIY SHOW OFF
Tabletop Tuesday
Fall Nesting PArty

41 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great thrift find!

Sylvia

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great cloche, Linda! With that base it was most certainly worth the $24.00!

Rita's Recipes said...

Love the cloche. I've been drawn to anything with chicken wire lately.
It's perfect in the kitchen.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Linda I LOVE that cloche and it looks great with the pears in it! You could do so much with that beauty, the possibilities are endless! Enjoy your weekend, Martina

Judy said...

i think for a gift shop in fairhope you got a great deal...was the base included? i love your cloche. and i love those auburn hand towels!

WAR EAGLE!!!
JUDY

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Linda, I LOVE your cloche!! It's so cute and looks great in your kitchen!

Pam

Nancy's Notes said...

What a charming little cloche and I do love your sunflowers on your cabinet, looks, oh so cute! I love your polka dot kitchen towels too, awesome kitchen Linda!

Nancy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Yes...the base came with it!!! I guess I got two for one:)

Blessings,
Linda

The Loops said...

Very nice! ANd I love your countertops!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Just lovely! I love the top of your island. Perfect for baking I would think. Love your kitchen. Farmhouse perfect!

Donna said...

You got a great deal! I love it with the pears in it. I am a farmhouse kind of girl too.
I see those Auburn kitchen towels :) One of them looks familiar!
Hugs,
Donna

JENNY K. said...

Beautiful Cloche! I have been looking for three of them to use in my dining room. This is the first time I've seen them done in wire. Lovely. Visiting from TT&J.

Anita Diaz said...

I LOVE that!! I love that it is not glass. Why can I not find one like that?? Beautiful! Love your kitchen too!!

ANNE said...

Oooooo I love em both! What gorgeous things you have :)

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I think you got a great buy on the cloche. I love it!

Unknown said...

Cloche is beautiful. You might fill it with leaves and mini pumpkins for fall. I've got birds in all mine right now, but that could change at any moment! Your kitchen is just lovely!

Susan said...

Love the cloche!

Sherri said...

I love that cloche! Love that it is rustic!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I think it's perfect just the way it is. Maybe changing out the pears for seasonal items...pumpkins in the fall, pine cones during the holidays, eggs for Easter, etc. Love this look!

reFresh reStyle said...

War Eagle, I love everything about your kitchen!
Debbie

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love your cloche and I think is is perfect as is. Such a pretty vignette on your island...perfect!
Blessings,
Cindy

Mandy said...

Wow! What a find. Lucky you!
www.projectqueen.org

Natasha in Oz said...

It's so hard to find cloches over here and I am desperate for one just like that! I think it looks so great with the pears and you just keep it filled with seasonal fruit or veg all year.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting today. It was so great to hear from you!

Hope you have a great weekend and best wishes for a fabulous week.
Natasha.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I'm a country style girl too! These pears look perfect but I think I also can visualize a little reed/ twig nest with two tiny turquoise egg and tiny robin.

Or some moss and a tiny weeny cutout butterfly in white.

The possibilities are truly endless.

Lori said...

I love the last shot, I heart your kitchen.

laxsupermom said...

Love the wire cloche! It'd be perfect with some little gourds for autumn. Thanks for sharing.

Debbiedoos said...

That is adorable! I love it! Looks gorgeous on your Island too. Reminds me of something Erin would do from peony iron works...she was good with that chicken wire stuff!

Anne said...

Delightful!!!!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Hi Linda, love the chicken wire cloche - so charming! War Eagle! They are ahead as I write. Linda

Cher' Shots said...

Oh wow ~ I am LOVIN' your kitchen! Great finds.
'hugs from afar'

Karena said...

Really beautiful and quite a find Linda! I love it with the pears!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! I love your new cloche and I adore your gorgeous kitchen!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Darleen~ Places In The Home said...

Beautiful kitchen and very unique cloche. I don't believe a cloche has ever met a pear it didn't make look more gorgeous(beautiful fruit, the pear). Figs, berries, & nuts would also be lovely.

Darleen~Places In The Home

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, I love the wire cloches, and it looks great in your lovely kitchen! I haven't seen any like that around where I live, hope I will someday, because I love it! Have a nice week. FABBY

Karie said...

Love the wire cloche. Wish I could find one like that for the great price. Your farmhouse style is gorgeous. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Toni said...

Love the cloche and what a bargin. It will look lovely each seasonaly change.

Dreamgoddess said...

I love shopping in Fairhope too! There are so many wonderful little shops and you never know what you'll find. I love your cloche and how you've used it. Oh and one more thing before I go...Roll Tide! LOL

Marianne said...

Love your new wire cloche. I just found one today at Home Goods for a bargain. You kitchen is just beautiful!
Marianne :)

Robin said...

I think a live plant would look great in that cloche but I love the way it looks with the pears too.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your cloche, it is gorgeous and the base is perfect. The bottle carrier is fabulous also. So pretty on your island. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

This is a fabulous cloche! Yes, I would have fought you for it if only I had seen it first. lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails